International Experience Canada was started by the government of Canada to give the youth around the globe a chance to travel to Canada and find their trip by working in Canada. There are many pools under this program. Learn more to find if you satisfy the conditions for this program.
You need to satisfy the following conditions to qualify to apply for this program.
- The territory or country of your citizenship should be in agreement with Canada which allows the Canadian authorities to issue an IEC work permit to you.
- You may also Tak the help of a Recognised Organization (RO)
- You must also satisfy the qualifications of your territory or country as well as the pool under which you are applying.
Your country may allow your participation once or multiple times but through different pools. However, if you have a refugee travel document, given to you by your country which is in a youth mobility agreement with Canada, you will not be allowed to participate in the program.
Working Holiday Visa
The federal government of Canada now has an option where you can find your holiday vacation to Canada with temporary work. You qualify for temporary work in Canada if you must satisfy the below-given criteria.
- You do not have an employment opportunity from a Canadian employer.
- If you wish to work for several employers in Canada.
- You have the desire to work in one or more locations.
- You want to find your travel expenses by working.
If you fit these eligibility criteria, you will receive an open work permit. This permit lets you work in Canada. But some jobs may require you to take a medical exam.
If you are eligible for this pool, you can gain professional work experience from Canada and compete in the economy at a global level. You must satisfy the following conditions.
- You must have an employment opportunity from an eligible employer in Canada that promises you development in your profession.
- You will be required to work for one employer in one location for your stay in Canada.
- The job offer must be for paid work.
- You must not look for self-employment.
Under the Young Professional pool, you will be given an authorized employer-specific work permit. Your employer must satisfy the labour laws of their province and be paying the median wage set by the federal government of that territory.
International Co-op (Internship)
This category of the program is for you if you satisfy the following conditions.
- Being a student of a Canadian post-secondary institute is a must.
- You must have an employment opportunity for an internship or work in Canada.
- You require the work as a part of your study course.
- You will work for a single employer in one location for your entire stay in Canada.
If you fulfill the criteria, you will be given an authorized employer-specific work permit. Your internship must be linked to your study program. Your employer must pay you the median wage or more decided upon for that province.
Completing the online form
On the online form, you can fill-out certain fields, save the information and review it till you are ready to submit.
- Answer the questions truthfully and completely.
- Your application form will stop being processed if you provide false information or submit an incomplete application. You can also be barred from entry to Canada.
- All the mandatory fields must be filled.
- Include the woke history and education history.
- All leaves and absences from work must be mentioned.
- In the work history section, mention the paid or unpaid work.
After the submission of your online application on the portal, you will receive your own personalized checklist of the documents. This checklist is to ensure you have the right supporting documents when needed.